Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Up for a HuffFamily Reunion next July?

Hey guys!

So when Karen was here she mentioned that one of her friends has an "at home" vacation w/ all of her kids. I guess once her kids starting having kids they started to plan more relaxed vacations at the grandparent's house. Anyways it sounded great to me & Ian. I mean we're probably not going to be taking our daughter to Colorado this spring for the annual ski trip but we still want to see you all in the near future. Also we're going to see the parents this Christmas but we won't get any Laura & Jon time this holiday season. :(

Here is the plan:
(1.) Pick a week we can all make it to the padre's house
(2.) Show up & relax by the lake ( ski, relax, swim, relax, play board games. relax ... you get the idea. ) :)

We can even try to plan a few Detroit activities if people want to. I really want to see Diego's murals at the art museum. However the whole relaxing by the lake & hanging out w/ my fam is the part of this vacation that sounds the best to me. :)

Drop a note if this sounds good to you. Also let us know what dates are good. I've always been the limiting reagent on our vacation time so now that I'm no longer working it should be much easier to plan vacations (Ian gets a decent amount of vacation time). :) Can't wait to see you all again.

~ Liz

5 comments:

Ian Huff said...

Come see our adorable baby!!!!

Unknown said...

July sounds great to me. So does relaxing. We have a huge show opening the first week in July, so I would think that the third week in July might be okay, but the last 2 weeks are probably the best. I can't think of any reason they wouldn't be, unless we were to start our next season early and I was still at the Goodman. So probably the week of the 21st is ideal (4th week in July). Talk to me again before we make any firm plans, but that's what a glance at the calendar tells me.

Elizabeth said...

Sounds great to me. :) Also we don't have to make it July ... we were just thinking July would be the easiest for you Laura. Cool! I'm very excited about this. :)

Unknown said...

July definitely is the easiest for me. I think now I official qualify hands down as having the worst schedule in this family! Well, let's see, this summer dad's been in Germany, China, Korea, Wisconsin, etc. Fun, but not exactly a relaxing schedule! So maybe he wins...

Karen said...

Ah, Laura, You forgot Moscow and Atlanta, Ogden and Florida.