Monday, March 3, 2008

Such a Seattleite

So I learned last week that Molly is even more of a Seattle baby then I thought. Not only does she (1.) wear cloth diapers (such an eco friendly baby!), (2.) listen to Indie lullaby music (thanks Auntie Laura & Uncle Jon!), (3.) wear organic cotton clothes (she got a few gifts from our hippy friends), and (4.) have geek t shirts, she also uses the #1 stroller prefered by Greenlake babies. I felt so trendy the other day. I met up w/ my old coworkers for brunch & then a walk around Greenlake. Seriously I have never seen so many BOB strollers in one place. I think I saw every style & color option at least once. We passed at least three groups of friends using multiple BOB strollers. We even saw a few of the double strollers. My friends were teasing me about being so trendy. Thanks again Mom & Dad for the stroller. I have to say my friends gave me some envious glances when I pulled it out of my trunk.

Oh, also I guess Mom was asking E about the face book. So we definitely read it to Molly but she doesn't quite get the concept of books yet. It's hillarious. Sometimes she'll sit & listen to us read to her & she likes to grab onto the pages. However a lot of the time she thinks she's being ignored. She doesn't quite get that she's being read to. She just knows that Mom & Dad aren't paying attention to her at that exact moment. Such a little dictator! I know that it was totally a coincidence but we had a funny thing happen late last week. I was reading the face book to her & when we got to the picture of Jon w/ the long bleach hair she started bawling! I think she was just tired but man she acted like she was terrified of that scary looking man. Jon I guess you can't grow your hair out before July. ;)

Molly's napping so Mommy & Daddy are going to return to their Settlers game. Thanks again Laura & Jon. We're really enjoying the card game! :)

1 comment:

Jon said...

Sadly, all I have are the memories of that hair!

Molly might not be ready for these type of fine distinctions yet, but you can reassure her that it's unlikely that I'll be able to do that type of stunt again.

'Course, I AM wearing a t-shirt over a waffle-y long-sleeve today.

But, you can chalk that up as an exercise in translation rather than fashion. See, it's got 4 Chinese characters on it--and the only place I know of where there are real live Chinese people who can translate this sort of thing--yup, work.

So from me--let's see, it was 'Life', 'Loneliness', 'Party' and some fuzzy bits that defied translation. Sorry--no Uncle Jon in evidence.

Boy--it must be the timing/proximity. I find kids fascinating these days. What IS Molly thinking???