Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Today I finally turned 1,000

Okay, so it was 2 days ago, sue me!

My website climbed over the 1,000 page views this week primarily due to my Rackham content. It's been up for a little under six months, and while I'd love a more interactive format (without the content requirements of a blog or being bludgeoned by web-quizzes at a social networking site) it's been great to have somewhere to point friends of various ilks to get more info about my hobbies. As content (slowly) grows, I'm realizing more traffic - which is good as some of this is merely about a conservation effort for an out of print game edition. Unique visits is just a little under 500 according to Google analytics and hopefully doubling that by years end will be attainable.

In other news, I think I've finally broken the terrifying grasp that Alanys Morrisette (sp?) had on my conception of IRONY this morning. Here's where I work. Take a look.

3 comments:

Ian Huff said...

Get a tech blog and link it from all over the place..worked for me. Though I'm not sure if MSDN would want linking to Rackham figures.

Matt said...

I, too, have oft wondered what was so ironic about rain at a wedding. Seems to me it rains on some weddings, and on some funerals, and sometimes the sun shines. But rain on wet paint, now there's a double entendre I can appreciate! Especially since we got rain on our wet paint yesterday. Karen had just painted Matt's Folly (our new dock structure).

Jon said...

For full disclosure, that sign had been up for about a week. I think the only wet in the picture is the nature induced kind. :)