Friday, March 23, 2007

Ft. Lauderdale pics


This is Johannah and I looking lovely at 4:30 am at the Ft. Lauderdale airport the day after Laura McClain's wedding. Ugh - it was early, but we wanted to show off our really long hair! Looks like we've both forgotten how to get our hair cut since college.

This photo was taken right when we got to the airport; it was actually pretty amazing that we made it there. Our scheduled shuttle was late and we had to call them at 4:05 am and the dispatcher told us to wait 20 minutes. I said, "Can you at least confirm that he's on his way?" I was on hold awhile, and then she said he'd get to us in 20 minutes, but that we were the last people he had to pick up so we'd go directly to the airport. When he got there 18 1/2 minutes later, the shuttle was empty! So I guess it took him 20 minutes to get out of bed and get to us. So other than driving the wrong way on a divided road for a few minutes - glad it was so early there were no other cars - we did eventually make our flight. And Johannah and I were on the same flight, same row! I made it back to Chicago, and she made it back to Vancouver (via Seattle!).

If I get any other pics from the wedding I'll post them too. The rest are mostly on other cameras.

3 comments:

Ian Huff said...

Pic does not seem to show up for me...

Unknown said...

Hey - where'd we go?!?! I'll have to look into that at home. We were there this morning.

Ian Huff said...

There you are!