Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Green Coat





After only thirty years, the zipper on my green coat started acting up, so even though the coat was still like new otherwise, I have replaced it with a Carhart coat that I love because it is longer so I don't get a cold crack like the Norge gardener. To illustrate how durable fashion can be, I am attaching dashing photos of me in the green coat in 1977 and 2007. To illustrate that what goes around, comes around, I am attaching a photo of Ian remodeling in 1983. And to illustrate that Jon can ham, I am attaching a photo of Jon as a disembodied Samurai. Hiiiiiyaaaaah!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice. I like it! Perhaps we need to do some sort of scrapbooking fashion spread ...before and after just like with houses.

And dad, I can't help but notice that we don't get to see a picture of the new coat? I guess we gotta wait and see what managed to replace the old green coat. The suspense may kill me...

Oh, wait a minute. I know what most Carhartt coats look like. In fact, I bought 2 for Kent (in disguse) for Lear this year, and one of them I sanded, distressed, and painted dirty. Man, those stupid things are sturdy!

Matt said...

Who knew Carhartt had two t's? I suppose it still does.

Ian Huff said...

I'll pour one out for the green coat next time I'm drinking a beer. Truly a sad day for all americans...