Monday, April 28, 2008

a few project pics






My two new projects:

The first is the maternity dress I finished this weekend. I also bought a black/white/yellow swirly print fabric that I will use to make a similar style dress. It's a cross-front dress, which was pretty simple, but the pattern pieces looked all crazy before it went together. And the new machine worked great on the stretch fabric!

Then, I finally finished the pacifier holder I was making for my friend Laura. But I already sent her gift, so I may just keep it. We'll see! Liz will recognize it from the Itty-Bity Nursery book...

3 comments:

Matt said...

Cute dress, Laura! But whatever happened to using the floor as a pacifier holder?

Ian Huff said...

"But whatever happened to using the floor as a pacifier holder?"

(Cue Ian nodding knowingly...)

Elizabeth said...

You look adorable Laura! Great job on the binky holder. I'd keep it. ;) It's amazing how many binky holders we go through. Molls has figured out how to wretch the holder part free & she likes to throw the entire binky system (binky + holder) onto nasty public bathroom floors or whatnot. She's so strong! Now not only do I pack spare binkies, I have to pack spare holders. Ah well, the next kid we're having is going to be a dumb one ... these smarties are a handful! :-P