Saturday, April 19, 2008

Laura's belly...also, what she's putting in it!


Here, this is a bit more of a belly! At 17 weeks, I feel like I got twice as big in about 4 days. So now everyone at work thinks my belly's really cute...

I got out of having to work today, although most of the shop does. But I do have lots of editing to do all weekend (I have three manuscripts at the moment), so I'll be busy. We also need to choose more places for our next house-hunting excursion!

Also, here's our current favorite breakfast (in fact, we're eating it right now):

Four-Grain Flapjacks (from Joy of Cooking)

combine dry:
1 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cornmeal (I like a little more)
1/4 cup oats (I like a little more)
2 T sugar
1 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional, but I like)
pinch of nutmeg

Whisk wet in a smaller bowl:
1 3/4 cups milk
4 T butter, melted (you can use less, although they don't stick to the pan at all so you don't add any extra at that end!)
1/4 cup honey
3 large eggs

Pour wet over dry and mix just until combined. Griddle 'em. Also good with cut-up bananas and, if you're feeling really decadent, butterscotch chips.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Now that's starting to look like a belly! How cute! MOM